Friday, January 01, 2010

Ten Feet Off The Ground | 还是不懂,永远不懂


Happy New Year. Year 2010. This is the start of a new decade. However, it felt like just any other new year to me which feels like any other day. This must be the effect of being a 宅男 (a boy that stays at home all day long), so much so that I cannot tell the difference between the days. Whatever…

Let me look back at the year 2009… I am quite used to doing things year by year. For example, going through JC life in year 2005 and year 2006, that’s kind of how I have looked at life so far. For year 2009, there was three parts to it, no longer seems like one set by itself. Every semester sets to be different from the previous one. 7 more to go…

Age was kind of immaterial to me in the past. I didn’t really bother how old I was or how old the person I was speaking to. Even mine 21st birthday was not treated any different as compared to any other day. However, it was the days after my 21st before I slowly realise age, even though it is just a figure, is affecting me more than I could ever imagine. Even imaginations and fantasies have been restricted by a factor known as age. Aging is really a terrible process. It drains away the youth of a person. Physical deterioration is one of the more obvious signs. A sportsman has to retire after a certain age. What if this is a mere mental thought, that’s why people start to age…

I’m holding on your rope
Got me ten feet off the ground
And I’m hearing what you say
But I just can’t make a sound

You tell me that you need me
Then you go and cut me down
But wait, you tell me that you’re sorry
Didn’t think I’d turn around and say...

That it’s too late to apologize, it’s too late
I said it’s too late to apologize, it’s too late

I’d take another chance, take a fall,
Take a shot for you
I need you like a heart needs a beat
(But it's nothing new)
Yeah yeah

I loved you with a fire red, now it’s turning blue
And you say sorry
Like the angel heaven let me think was you
But I’m afraid...

It’s too late to apologize, it’s too late
I said it’s too late to apologize, it’s too late

It’s too late to apologize, it’s too late
I said it’s too late to apologize, it’s too late
I said it’s too late to apologize, yeah
I said it’s too late to apologize, yeah

I’m holding on your rope
Got me ten feet off the ground...